Monday, August 6, 2007

nine years later

Billy and I saw Dr. Bass, my new ob/gyn, this afternoon. He was helpful, attentive, professional, and really listened to us. It's a breath of fresh air! He even gave us an ultrasound to check out how Hava's doing. She's measuring around 6 lbs 4 oz and had plenty of amniotic fluid so things seem to be ok. We got a little peak of her face. So sweet!

No definitive answer on whether we will induce and when that would be, but it seems like if we do it would be in 2 1/2 or 3 weeks. I'll probably have a firm answer next week (though I've been saying that for weeks now!).

Tonight we went for a walk around the neighborhood behind our place. The temperature was just in the 80s and the sun was setting as we strolled around. John had fun riding on Billy's back.

Today is the ninth anniversary of Billy and I meeting. It was August 6, 1998, when I saved him a seat next to me on the camp bus headed for Rooster Rock. And the rest, as they say, is history. I never imagined that day at the river that nine years later I would be living in Phoenix, Arizona, married to Billy for four years and two months, with our second child just weeks away from entering the world. We've been through so much together--rough spots along the way but mostly as we look back, it's sweet memories and happy times. And the best is yet to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, I remember you guys meeting at the Bible study that happened before the flag raising, but maybe that meeting didn't stick or something... ;)
Käthlin

Elizabeth said...

you're right! But Billy didn't remember me until he had met me several times and we actually talked on the bus. So we go off the date that we spoke and started liking each other. You've been around us a while to remember that detail! (-:

Anonymous said...

I had the honor of 'being there' near the beginning. It was always so fun to chat with you driving you to and from our house when you babysat. I loved when you said that you weren't used to Ben yet, loved hearing about Billy, sewing for your flowergirls. Are you sure it's only been nine years?

This is the exact reason I pray a bit harder every time one of my kids goes off to camp!
Elizabeth and Billy
Elizabeth and Paul
Jodie and Chad
....

and though he says it is only a joke a girl has a 'love note' from Drew on her myspace...ahhh camp!


Blessings to the four of you!
Adrienne

 
Copyright © 2010 m & m : musings and mothering. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by