Wednesday, December 2, 2009

And the WINNER...

...of the Most Delinquent Blogger Award is...me!

thank you. thank you.

I'm honored, humbled, delighted, and disgusted with myself for deserving this award.

I don't want to hog the trophy though so I'm going to get back in the swing of things. Coming today: the holidays (beginning with, ahem, Halloween). Coming later this week: a post for each of my darling children who zap all of my energy each day so that the thought of blogging exhausts me. But they really are cute and deserve a little blog love, which I will be happy to share with you in the near future.

Anyway...

The kids in costume: Hava had a sweet princess witch (or at least that's what we figured it was) costume that my mom sent for her. I got John a firefighter jacket on Etsy since he wanted to be a fireman. Right now he's trying to figure out how to be both a firefighter and a police officer when he's "big like Daddy" so the jacket was a big hit. David was a pumpkin head, thanks to a little knit pumpkin hat, also from Etsy. I don't have any pictures of him in the hat (what kind of mother am I?!?) so you'll have to imagine his sweet face combined with a pumpkin.




We spent Thanksgiving at my Nonni and Bumpa's house (mom's parents) with all of the family who lives in town. John and Hava spent the whole day playing in the sand around the play structure. They came home filthy but happy. David was a bit doted on since he's the youngest and a very relaxed baby (completely opposite of Havilah!).

This picture is my very favorite:


And here's David, not just with his great grandma (Nonni), but his great, great grandma as well (Grandma Dorothy). If your title has commas in it, you know you're old and special.

Here's one of me with my constant accessory, DS. He likes to stick his fingers out of the sling these days. Maybe so I don't forget about him in the midst of the typical craziness around here. This was taken while I was making ginger cookies for the Feast.

The day after Thanksgiving, we made a trip to Home Depot (it's not exactly Mt. Hood, but close) for a Noble. The front room now smells delicious and although we had several fiascoes with the lights, the tree is now up and completely enjoyed by all.





Back to Thanksgiving... this year--as always--I have so much to be thankful for. My husband has a job, when so many people do not. David was born full term and healthy, and he is such a pleasant baby. I have been able to work much less this year so that I can devote my energy to John, Hava, and David. I have lovely friends who put up with my silliness and my blogging deficiency. My family is large, supportive, and they pray for me. I have a God whose mercies are new every morning (need that). I have a comfortable bed and a husband who gets up with the kids every morning he's off of work so that I can stay in bed. The future is bright (though hazy) and God is faithful. What more can I ask?

More soon!

1 comments:

Elizabeth K. Lewis said...

Yay! I get to be the first to leave a comment! Someday I'll be a blogger at least in my dreams and you can I'm sure pass that award onto to me in my off times. I just lapped up all your musings and updates and the photos! Love you guys~Elizabeth

 
Copyright © 2010 m & m : musings and mothering. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by