Saturday, December 19, 2009

The baby

This little guy has stolen my heart...I'm completely in love with a two foot five, seventeen and a half pound, toothless, incontinent man who barfs on me several times a day. What can I say? Mothering hormones are one of God's best creations--and this smile can melt the hearts of people who aren't even blood related to him:






He's such a sweet, easygoing baby. He will let anyone hold him and doesn't even complain when his brother accidentally rolls him off the (thankfully low) futon. Not that that happened here this afternoon.

He's only four months old, but I really can't imagine my life--or our family--without darling little David Samuel. It's especially meaningful to have a baby at Christmas time. What a good reminder for me of how Christ humbled himself to become a tiny, toothless, incontinent, barfy little guy. For us. It's amazing, if you think about it. Merry first Christmas, baby David!

0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2010 m & m : musings and mothering. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by