Friday, July 18, 2008

a pillow, a party, a plane, and a new brother

Ok, Adrienne, this is for you.

Two weeks from today my little sister, my fireball sister (that's a compliment) will be married.



I love Jordan. I have no reservations about him marrying my sister. And I know without a doubt that Shawna will be an awesome wife. But last night I had a dream about them getting married and I was so sad in the dream. I was crying and crying. I woke up feeling sad...and then had to remind myself that this is a wedding I feel 100 percent happy about...except that my little sis will live in Canada and I live, oh yeah, all the way down here in AZ. Anyway, peeps around this house are super excited to see Shawna and Jordan get married! Havilah has bought her wedding attire; Billy is packing his suit so he can be an usher; I have been breaking in my matron of honor shoes; and John has been fitted for his tux.

Oh yeah.

You should have seen the boy strut and pose in the Men's Wearhouse mirror with the little sample white dress shirt, sample black jacket, and one sample toddler 9 shoe. One shoe. But he looked good, and he knew it. I made the ring bearer pillow for him to use in the wedding. I also made him a little practice pillow that he can take to bed, throw around, and generally misuse. He is pumped. Anytime we say anything that sounds like "walk down the aisle," John points to himself and yells "ME!" Yes, you, John; hopefully you can keep that enthusiasm when there are 300 people surrounding the aisle.

Alas, I don't have any one shoe pictures but I promise to deliver lots of two shoe pictures after the Big Day.

Six mornings from now we're taking a first of the day flight out of Phoenix...and heading straight for Portland where we'll enjoy eleven and a half days of wedding festivities, cooler weather, time with friends, Portland sights and eats, and major doses of family time.

I love you sister and can't wait to see you. We're ready to party!

1 comments:

Cliff Girl said...

thank you!
I am smiling just thinking of him in his tiny tux. I remember Drew loving to wear his "getting married" clothes. He was so pleased and proud--we had to really work hard to explain it was not HIS wedding--once while wearing the jacket he called and asked a man if he could marry his daughter! So, at 4 he had some of the major decisions already worked out.
It will be fun to see you all amidst the frivolity!

 
Copyright © 2010 m & m : musings and mothering. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by