Wednesday, July 2, 2008

5 years with SCI

The five-year mark of working for Sanford Communications, Inc. (SCI) passed a couple of weeks ago. Before Billy and I got married, I was looking for a job and wasn't sure what I wanted to do. My dad had just started the business six months before and didn't have any employees yet (unless you count the vice president, my mom). He said, "well, you could always work for me." I didn't know what I would be doing and I only had the training he had given me over the past few years as we worked at Luis Palau Evangelistic Association together and as we talked and worked through other projects.

Well, I couldn't resist the offer so I became an SCI employee as soon as I came home from my honeymoon. Five years later, I am so incredibly thankful for my job. I have an amazing boss who has graciously allowed me to have lots of flexibility, to be trained by trial and error, and who believes in me. I haven't had to leave my children in daycare or miss out on any of the mom moments that make these long days worth all the effort. I have a natural venue for stretching my mind, my heart, and my work skills, all while making a few extra dollars.

Five years into my job, I'm enjoying it more than ever. Here's to many more years to come!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! (-:

 
Copyright © 2010 m & m : musings and mothering. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by