Saturday, September 24, 2011

This week, I...

* Painted a formerly rust colored kitchen a lovely shade of green. Behr calls it "cricket"--a perfectly awful name for green paint. It's more of a mellow mint and brightens my kitchen right up.

* Took this BIG girl to her first dance lesson. She had fun! (She's sitting in front of the green kitchen wall in these photos.)



* Completed my first week of homeschooling. It included some head scratching (me), some enthusiasm for learning (John), lots of paper cutting and Awana verses, John learning to write his numbers, and two field trips: the zoo and the plant nursery.

* Went on a date with Billy. Those are few and far between, something we are now resolved to fix. It's amazing how a few hours to have a cup of coffee with my husband can focus and energize me for a new week.

* Thought about my sister-in-law who found out she's having twins in January, not just one baby. We're excited for another niece and nephew!

* Helped out again at Sprouts, the Awana class for 2-year-olds at our church. Those kids are amazingly cute--all 30 of them!

* Took one nap. Maybe this should be on my agenda every week?

* Made homemade doughnuts after reading to the kids about Almonzo's birthday and his farmer mother who had a doughnut jar. wow. That sounds incredible. (The kids love the Little House on the Prairie books; they are so educational...and delicious!)

* Ignored the mess of boxes and stuff in my bedroom as it is doubling as a storage room and office. All in good time, everything will have a place....

* Contemplated God's goodness in sending several women my way who were encouraged by my miscarriage website, babygrief. Around this time of year, I think more about the little one we lost and it does the heart good to hear from others who have gathered strength from my story. Thank you Lord.

* Began making a mental list of the ways I know I'm finally getting older. It's a sorry list. But I'm going to work on adding some positives and then maybe I can share it with you.

* felt tired. No idea why....

0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2010 m & m : musings and mothering. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by