Friday, February 25, 2011

On weeks like this one...

This week has been marked by disappointing news--for both us and our families. It involves recharting our course and reframing our mindset. Yet I feel so secure in God's personal attention to our lives.

Because he has good things for my life--for our lives--he leads me to a place I didn't put in my plans, but that I can see is part of a greater plan. For my good. I do believe this wholeheartedly, even on hard weeks.

When I was little, my mom worked with me and Shawna to memorize Psalm 121. I remember lying in bed at my Nonni's old house in Snohomish. I could see the sheep out in the pasture and Shawna, Mom, and I repeated these verses several times:

Psalm 121

I lift up my eyes to the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm
he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.


The LORD will keep me from all harm...He will watch over my life...He will watch over my coming and going--this week and forever. I'm so thankful for that.

1 comments:

David said...

Thank you for the timely reminder, "My help comes from the LORD." What comfort, joy and peace to trust His sovereignty and providence in our lives.

 
Copyright © 2010 m & m : musings and mothering. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by