Thursday, February 19, 2009

Harvest

The lemon tree was picked bare yesterday and we ended up with well over a hundred lemons. I took a big bagful to the women in my Bible study last night--and I made delicious lemonade today (recipe here)--but we still have a counter full and a bucket full of lemons. I plan to juice as many as possible and freeze it for a year's worth of lemon juice and lemonade. If I get ambitious, I'll make my own house cleaning solution with the juice. Oh yes, and a couple days ago the kids and I made lemon scones. 

So many wonderful things to do with the produce from the yard, but Havilah's favorite thing is to play with the lemons like they're balls...and today, to climb in with all those delicious smelling fruits.



0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2010 m & m : musings and mothering. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by