Monday, January 5, 2009

sewing fun

Here are a few projects that have been on my sewing machine in the past months...

A "wall pillow" to keep John from constantly bumping into the wall at night:


Hava's new quilt (backed with super soft cordoroy; the front pieces are 100% scrap fabric--but pretty cute, if I do say so myself):


Couch pillows, actually made from cloth napkins and placemats from World Market: (-:


John's patriotic birthday quilt:


More pillows:


Christmas "gratitude wraps" made for our moms and adult sisters (ok, and one for me--I had to practice with the pattern, you know):






I also made pajama pants, a skirt, and a few other odds and ends for Christmas, but alas, no photos. 

Do you think I'm having too much fun when I photograph my sewing projects?? Oh, and the obsession with pillows? That comes from my sewing lessons with Adrienne and the infamous pillow I made under her tutelage. For now, there are no projects in the works (unless you count the doll blankets I "make" for Hava's babies--more on that later). But I do have a few friends who may need baby blankets later in the year, so we'll see!

3 comments:

Cliff Girl said...

so sweet of you! <3
I love looking at your projects! Currently I have a set of 4-5 funky bibs sitting on my sewing machine table as well as a dress I'm not sure I want to finish--right now I am in the middle of a yellow diamond-pattern scarf.
Soon, though I will have mountains of term papers to grade!

Anonymous said...

I love my gratitude wrap--Nonni thinks you should sell them when she starts her new comforter/bedset sewing business!

Jenny said...

Hi Elizabeth,

This is Jenny, the "other Elizabeth's" friend:) Anyway, I love checking in on your little family from time to time and was so amazed by the craftyness in this post--hurray for you! I loved the gratitude wrap--so great! Just wanted to tell you that:) All for now, jen

 
Copyright © 2010 m & m : musings and mothering. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by