Sunday, December 14, 2008

(different sort of) working woman

As of Friday, December 12, SCI has been acquired by Credo Communications in Grand Rapids, Michigan. After nearly five and a half years of working for SCI--and my parents--I am no longer a working woman. Billy asked me yesterday, "what will you do with all your time??" But there is plenty to do, at least for the next few weeks before Christmas (which I am so excited about!). It has been suggested that I could keep the house a bit straighter, and there are always sewing projects, books to read, kids to care for, food to cook, errands to run, ok...you already know, you do most of those things too. 

But I will miss SCI and all of the fun, stimulating projects (won't miss the tedious ones--of which there were very few). There is always the possibility of more editorial work from other sources (including Credo), but we'll just have to see what happens with that. In the meantime, it's bittersweet. I am happy to be unemployed for the first time in my married life so that I can focus more on my kids, especially now that they are older and need a LOT of attention. Yesterday afternoon I felt a teeny bit more free when it came to playing with John and Hava, and not so rushed to get them off to sleep. Today is only day #2, so I'm curious to see how long it takes for my brain to stop thinking what do I need to do for SCI? In the meantime, I'm so thankful for my years of working for my dad, and so thankful that God provides for everything we need so that I don't have to rush out and get another job.

Sorry this is so random, but I had to mention this big change in my life. I wonder...what will 2009 have in store?

0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2010 m & m : musings and mothering. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by