Monday, November 24, 2008

oh my, it's been 12 days

Both kids are in the bath (with me on the tile), the kitchen is full of (dirty) evidence of food prepared for my family plus my dad, and I have a bit of a sinking feeling in my stomach. Saying goodbye to family visitors is always bittersweet. My dad is on a plane heading back to Portland now, after three lovely days together. We had a sweet time of playing with the kids, talking, and putting away two pies--but now I won't see my dad again for eight months. sniffle. John was so upset when Grandpa Dave (papa for short!) had to leave for the airport. This is the hardest part about living 1400 miles away from our parents--time with grandparents is out of the ordinary. But...the nicest part is that when a grandparent comes, we get them all to ourselves for several days of play, play, play! (-:



Havilah wanted to feed herself the yogurt...



It was time for John to put on his jeans so we could head out for a visit with the family. So then why are John's pants on my dad's legs? Billy grabbed the camera and since the pants were stuck, my dad was caught on film. (-:


Jumping on the pillows!


Playing! (That's what grandpas come to town for, right?)



Unfortunately, J and H have nasty colds and coughs. The kids have been on and off sick for the whole month so far. yuck! The bummer about being sick is that John has to miss preschool, therapy, Sunday school, and anything else he really enjoys. Here's his happy face right before Grandpa came:


Hopefully we're on the mend now. 

This post has been a bit random but I had 12 days to account for, you know? Hope all is well with you and yours!

P.S. Congratulations to Nate and Robin on the birth of their sweet little one, Hazel.

1 comments:

dutchlvr said...

Thank you, Elizabeth :)

 
Copyright © 2010 m & m : musings and mothering. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by