Friday, October 24, 2008

Let me wake with the dawn

One verse that keeps coming up...and keeps my perspective in check:

"The LORD said to [Moses], 'Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.'" (Exodus 4:11-12)


One quote that expresses the value of hard times (and is anyone in America--or the world for that matter--not reflecting on hard times?):

“The heart that breaks open can contain the whole universe.”—Joanna Macy


One song that resonates right now:

"Mercies New" by Nichole Nordeman:

Is it fair to say I was lured away?
By endless distractions and lovelier attractions then
Or fairer still, my own free will
Is the better one to blame for this familiar mess I've made again

So I would understand if You were out of patience
And I would understand if I was out of chances
Your mercies are new every morning
So let me wake with the dawn
When the music is through or so it seems to be
Let me sing a new song, old things gone
Every day it's true, You make all Your mercies new


Two comments that have given me encouragement regarding my son:

"John is a sweet, sweet boy and we all love him to death! His progress so far leads us to think he will reach his Individual Education Plan goals by the end of the school year" --Ms. Martin, Awesome teacher

"You and your husband are really good at working with John on his speech at home" --Tamara (speech therapist, who I often feel like a bimbo with--through no fault on her part)

One happy thought:


(John and Havilah in their Halloween capes--here come Super Boy and Super Girl! I had fun sewing these super quick projects...)

0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2010 m & m : musings and mothering. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by