Monday, May 12, 2008

well-rounded?

This evening as I mopped the floor, I was thinking about John and Havilah down the road. Thinking about the values Billy and I want them to have, the skills and good habits I want to teach them, the people I want them to become. I hope that John and Havilah will enjoy some of the things I enjoy. And of course, I'm anticipating acquiring new hobbies and interests based on the things they are interested in. Then I came across this quote--and while I believe there is hope outside of growing lovely children, still there is a lot of truth to it:

"Our hopes and future depend on the healthy and well-rounded children we nurture and love." --Sharon Lovejoy

Nurture and love. Even if I sometimes raise my voice, lose my patience, feel uninspired at playtime, or serve leftovers for dinner again, I do love my kids very much and am always seeking to nurture them to the best of my ability.



Oh, and here's a little slide show for your enjoyment (it includes Havilah scooting around and a few pictures of her when she fell asleep at lunch today...and the promised new pictures of John):

View this montage created at One True Media
Scooting

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the scooting - it's so adorable! Silas never did that - his method of getting around before crawling was just to roll over and over again until he bumped into something.

 
Copyright © 2010 m & m : musings and mothering. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by