Sunday, October 7, 2007

birthday

Yesterday we took a hike in the Arizona wilderness, near a town called Bumble Bee. And yes, I encountered a few bee nests (John encountered fire ants at my aunt's house later on, but that's a different story...). The trail wasn't exactly a trail so we hiked through sand, over large rocks, through the creek bed (all dry), and even found a patch or two of grass. And there were trees! It was just what I needed: an escape from the city of cement and adobe, and not another human in sight but my precious family.

Havilah is wearing a hoodie, but only to protect her from the sun and breeze, not the cold (alas...).









Our best attempt at a self-family-portrait:
Snuggles with Hava during our family rest in the afternoon:
My birthday gift, a desk! It's bigger than it looks and has a slide-out writing surface, which I love.

0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2010 m & m : musings and mothering. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by