Friday, June 6, 2008

five years

Five years ago today I became a Honeycutt and began this crazy, wonderful thing called married life. It's been good. It's been a time of stretching and changing and growing in understanding of each other and how we work best together. After five years, we are learning how to stay in step with each other.

Five years ago today when I walked down the long aisle at Old Laurelhurst Church, I could not have dreamed I would be sitting in Peoria, Arizona, with an almost-three-year-old boy in the next room and a 9 month old girl snoozing in my own bed. I wouldn't have dreamed Billy would be in his present career and that I would still be working for SCI (more on that in a few days when I reach my five-year anniversary of working for my dad!). Five years ago, I didn't know we would face miscarriage the following year. Or that we would have so many happy times ahead of us.

Marriage is crazy like that, you know? Two people say let's find out what we can get into together...and then vow to stick together no matter what comes.

Billy, I love you so much more--and hopefully so much better--than I did five years ago today. Thank you for loving me too. I'm glad we're in this together.

0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2010 m & m : musings and mothering. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by