Sunday, November 11, 2007

Whatever is lovely

Here's my brain on drugs...or needing to be on drugs! John made this creation with his birthday gift from Christina (thank you Christina!):

Explanation of above statement: My schedule is catching up with me. I think my body, brain, and emotions are asking for a bit of rest. I'll try to respect that. Here's my happy thought, a beautiful girl:

And my other happy thought, an adventurous boy thoroughly enjoying his first tumbling class:

I had a great visit with Katie on Friday. The boys stayed home and us girls went to Tucson. Minus the six hours in the car, it was a refreshing trip. Havilah felt right at home on Aunt Katie's lap:


We went for a little walk in Sabino Canyon. The signs said to watch out for mountain lions but we didn't spot any. Maybe next time!


When two people say the same thing to me, it's good for me to listen. Here's what they said I should think on:

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.... Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.... And the God of peace will be with you" (Philippians 4:4-9).

0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2010 m & m : musings and mothering. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by